Safety Is No Accident
CUC understands the need for its customers to carry out electrical repairs around their homes and would like to offer the following safety tips and guidelines.
- Always switch off breakers or unplug appliances being repaired.
- Electrical tape and connectors must be used to properly insulate wires.
- Never make repairs to weather heads unless disconnected by CUC.
- CUC's wires are 17 feet above ground. Always check the height of any equipment you may be transporting.
- Never pick fruit from trees with wires passing through them. Call CUC for possible rerouting of lines or trimming of trees.
- Never fly kites near lines. Should the kite make contact with lines, do not attempt to pull it free and contact CUC immediately.
- Always check for correct voltage to equipment before energizing.
- Crane and backhoe operators should always be alert when working in close proximity of low, overhead wires or guy wires (pole stabilisers).
- Avoid leaving extension cords outside for long periods. Never overload cords beyond rating.
- IF EVER IN DOUBT REGARDING ELECTRICAL WIRES OR APPLIANCES, CALL AN ELECTRICIAN FIRST.
For further information, please contact our Customer Service Team at 949-5200 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For electrical emergencies, call 911. Emergency services will then contact CUC.